Leveling can be
Fun and Easy
When you start leveling on a online game you start at lvl one, and have almost nothing. If you are lucky you may have a weapon, some basic armor and a skill or two. So where to begin, I suggest you find the nearest mob that is around your lvl, and fight it. Test out your character until you lvl up a lvl or find the nearest NPC that has a quest for you and complete that quest.
You will soon discover doing the quests is usually the faster way to lvl. The defeating of mobs over and over again is called grinding and can get very boring.
When doing quests complete as many of them that are in the same area or in same direction as you can. That way you don’t waste time running back and forth. Finding the missions or quests should not be to hard. Most of the online games now have a indicator of what NPC's have a quest or mission for you. Some may have tasks. Tasks are like missions but are normally you taking something to someone or defeating a number of one type of mob. These tasks are normally very quick and easy to do and give decent experience.
Experience is what you get after defeating mobs, finishing a quest, mission, or task. They are the points given and once you obtain a certain number you lvl up and you start over.
Leveling gets more difficult the higher the lvl you become. I takes more time, due to a few reasons:
Quests, Missions, and Tasks Tips
- Mobs become stronger and take more time to defeat.
- You have to gain many more experience points to reach the next lvl.
- Mobs are not giving out as much xp as they were before
- Do as many quests, missions, and tasks that are in the same area or in same direction as you can that way you don’t waste time running back and forth.
- Do the quests that are lower than your lvl first. That way if you level during the ones that were at your lvl will become easier to do.
- Obtain new armor over new weapons. Armor will help you survive longer, and weapons will drop more often so you may get one that way.
- It is ok to do a mission when you are at a higher lvl but make sure you pick up the missions. Sometimes missions go away if you did not get it at the lvl you were supposed to get it at.
- Run from a fight if you are gonna lose. In some games you will lose some of the experience you gained if you are defeated by a mob. Better to run than to lose hard earned experience.Grinding tips
- When grinding consider fighting lower lvl mobs than you. That may give less experience but you can destroy faster. This will yield more xp in the long run. example: a lvl 6 mob gives 10 xp but takes you 1 min to defeat. Level 4 mob gives you 6xp but takes you 30 sec to beat. You can fight and defeat two lvl 4 mobs in the same amount of time it takes to defeat the lvl 6 mob, but gain more experience. That means you will lvl faster.
- Try to lvl solo if possible, unless you plan on defeating higher level mobs, then find friends around your lvl.
- Find a camp were the mobs are at your lvl or below and fight there.
- Run from a fight if you are going to lose. In some games you will lose some of the experience you gained if you are defeated by a mob. Better to run than to lose hard earned experience.
Your best leveling is done when you fight your way to the missions your doing and back again to finish the mission. When it is possible instants are a great way to lvl with out having other players trying to move in on your camp.
If you plan on leveling in areas where it is possible for a enemy player to attack you (this is called a pvp zone), you will then have to worry about getting jumped when fighting mobs. Avoid these zones if possible. If not then make sure you only get one mob at a time and be at full strength before you pull the next mob. Some other players look and wait for other players to be in the middle of a fight so they can get the easy win. Look at gamer manners and PvP morals for how you may want to play.
As you lvl your character will be able to get more skills, continually change your build as you level, buy armor, then weapons for survival, and most of all HAVE FUN.
Play The Game Your Way
Return from Leveling to Massive Games
Return to Home
About Me Contact Us Resources Game'N Your Way Store Sitemap