Guild Wars Warrior
The Protector of the Weak
The guild wars warrior is a core profession in the guild wars online game...
(article continues below)
What this means is it can be selected in any of the three games that make up the Guild Wars trilogy: Guild Wars Prophecies, Guild Wars Factions, or Guild Wars Nightfall.The Warrior
The Warrior is the primary Tank in the Guild Wars game. Your job is to be a meat shield, or in other words take the damage mobs give out so the rest of your group don’t get hurt as much. You will also be doing as much damage you can to the mobs.
The 2 main types of Guild Wars Warriors are :
This warrior is more concerned with destruction. Damage, Damage, Damage is their motto. This tank puts out so much damage and quickly that mobs don’t have any choice but to give up.
The below skills are a basic Offensive Tank build for damage.
The skills for the 2 builds above from left to right
- Power Attack - for the pure damage it gives.
- Hundred Blades - for nice hit to all around you, or Jaizhenju Strike - for the unblockable hit.
- Seeking Blade - has a nice little surprise if its blocked.
- Barbarous Slice - this skill does double duty adds to your hit and makes the foe bleed.
- Sun and Moon Slash - attacks twice and can't be blocked.
- Signet Of Strength - makes you do more damage for a few hits.
- Lions Comfort - heals you a little and helps you with adrenaline.
- Rebirth - yes a rez just in-case you the last one standing. Also this rez has a nifty function just in-case you had to run becuase your group is out for the count, and no way you gonna win on own you can rez them from safety but don't try this in a fight this one drains all your energy
This Warrior is about surviving. He can take tons of damage and then starts it again. They believe the best offense is defense. They do good damage, but they also want to survive no matter what or at least long enough to let the group get away.
The below skills are a basic Defensive Tank build for for staying alive.
The skills for the 2 builds above from left to right
- Furious Attack - Nice damage and if blocked it gives you some adrenaline.
- Penetrating Chop - Damage and armor penetration all in one attack.
- Disrupting Chop - Stop those annoying casters from getting off that powerful spell.
- Protector's Defense - Block attacks for your teammates as long as you don't move.
- Defensive Stance - Better armor and blocking.
- Gladiator's Defense - Block and do damage at same time or Bonetti's Defense - block while gaining energy back.
- Healing Signet - heals a little, but costs no power.
- Resurrection Chant - Yes a rez just in-case your party member begin to fall but you can rez them back to full health and a little energy, even during the fight.
Choosing a secondary profession for your Guild Wars Warrior.
When choosing a secondary profession for your Guild Wars Warrior, first you should decide on what your main goal is going to be. Once you have decided, look at the skills that the other professions have, you can even test some of them out in the game through missions before deciding. This will let you decide if those skills will help you do what you want in the game. Example: You decide to go Defensive build, with mostly skills to help you survive. Choosing a monk would be a good choice because they have many skills that can help keep you Hp (health points) up or protect you from damage..
Warrior as a secondary class for other primary professions.
The Pro's The Guild Wars Warrior makes a great secondary profession for the other professions in the game. It allows you to fight up close with close up weapons that you can increase in damage. What they also give you great defensive skills, and some of those can hurt your enemy as well. A lot of the warrior skills are based on adrenalin so it doesn't use power.
The Con'sThe bad thing about taking a warrior as a secondary profession is it gives you no ranged skills. The weapon skills you gain are good, but many need to gain adrenalin, which is slowly gained on some of the better skills. and if you are not constantly fighting with the weapon may drop totally and you will have to regain it again.Basic Warrior Info
Armor: Warriors have high armor, so they will take less damage in a fight. There are 32 sets of armor, each with its own unique look. There is five pieces to each set. You can mix and match your armor to create a unique look for yourself.
Weapons: In Guild Wars you can use any weapon in the game. Most warriors use the sword and board, which means sword and shield, others use the axe and shield or a two handed weapon. The damage these weapons do is medium to high. You can specialize in these weapons to increase their damage.
Magic: All characters have the ability to use magic, so every character has a magic or power pool. Warriors have a very low amount of power and a low power regeneration.
The Attributes of a Guild Wars Warrior
Attributes are the groupings that skills fall under.
Strength - This attribute is the primary line for a warrior, which means that only a warrior primary can put points in this attribute line. For every point you put in this attribute the skills in it get stronger, this attribute lets you bypass armor defenses. The more points you put in the more it will bypass. which means you will do more damage.
Axe - This is a weapon line, in which there are skills that go with the weapon Axe. You will do more damage with more points in this skill line. For every point you put in this attribute the skills in it get stronger.
Sword - This is a weapon line, in which there are skill that go with the weapon sword. You will do more damage with more points in this skill line. Also for every point you put in this attribute the skills in it get stronger.
Tactics - This is the defensive line for the tank it allows them to stop damage to themselves. For every point you put in this attribute the skills in it get stronger.
Hammer - This is a weapon line, in which there are skill that go with the weapon hammer. You will do more damage with more points in this skill line. For every point you put in this attribute the skills in it get stronger.Warrior Basic Build Ideas
When you start to create a Guild Wars Warrior build you will discover you can only take 8 skills with you. So making a build that allows you to continue to use your skills is very important.
- First and most important is to choose the skills that go with your play style.
- Find a good balance in power using skills and adrenalin based skills.
- Don’t be afraid to try different skills and skill combinations, for you will learn what skills work for your play style.
- Pick a secondary profession that fits with your play style and build.
- When choosing your armor, each piece can have one rune and one insignia. Read each carefully because placement has some effect on some of the insignias.
- When you PvP you will need to find your target quickly.
The warrior is a very solid class to play, I recommend this profession to new players with a secondary in monk. This gives new players a fairly easy class to play with while learning the game.
Even though I say it's easy to play with, don’t think it will be a breeze. Warriors are the foundation of a group, they are the first to engage in and the last to leave, giving all the squishier players a chance to get away if necessary.
Play The Game Your Way
Return from Guild Wars Warrior to Guild Wars
Return to Home
About Me Contact Us Resources Game'N Your Way Store Sitemap